News & Events
Turn Yourself Into a Fat Burning Machine with the FlowLIFT Workout
- February 3, 2018
- Posted by: flowliftfit
- Category: flowlift news
Why FlowLIFT Works
The philosophy behind the FlowLIFT workout is that exercise should be fun and engaging on all levels. Coming from a yoga background, Carolina and Amanda designed these classes to flow smoothly with seamless transitions. This has a calming effect on the mind, despite the physical challenge. Students must be completely present in order to properly execute the movement combinations in FlowLIFT classes. Requiring total focus and concentration, there is no space for thoughts or distractions from the outside world. The students move non-stop until the very end, where there are a few minutes for stretching and final relaxation to ground the energy. While the pace is up to each student, everyone is encouraged to keep moving for the entire 45 minutes to improve endurance and cardiovascular fitness. The mind always gives up sooner than the body needs to, so this notion of perseverance strengthens not just the physical body, but also increases what many athletes refer to as “mental toughness.” This gradual and inevitable development of power on all levels is what makes FlowLIFT much more than just another new fitness trend.
FlowLIFT is a complete workout that targets every major muscle group while incorporating movement at each joint through all three planes of motion: sagittal, coronal and transverse. This more integrated style of exercise decreases the load on individual muscles while increasing the complexity of overall motor coordination and flexibility. Unlike traditional weight lifting, where most of the movements are isolated in the sagittal and coronal plane, FlowLIFT is moving through all three planes at the same time. This not only creates a lean and toned physique, but develops power, strength and stabilization in the spine, core, shoulders and pelvis.
The FlowLIFT workout utilizes movements based on real-world situational biomechanics, which place demand on the body’s core musculature and innervation. The benefits of the full body integrated motion of the FlowLIFT workout are many:
- Employs unilateral movements to develop better balance, strength, coordination and agility from head to toe
- Improves posture by strengthening and stabilizing the spine
- Creates a strong, lean, athletic physique
- Boosts metabolism and turns you into a fat-burning machine, even while at rest
- Enhances the relationship between the nervous and musculoskeletal system, providing quick, reactive, and powerful movement patterns. This makes it an ideal cross-training for athletes.
- Increases range of motion and flexibility
- Moves at a constant, rhythmic pace to increase the heart rate and improve endurance
- By mimicking everyday life movement patterns, the body is better equipped to deal with daily stresses, reducing the risk of injury and strain
Do the FlowLIFT Workout Classes Online
The FlowLIFT student membership gives you access to a new class every single Monday. All classes are filmed at Buddhi Yoga in La Jolla, and taught by the founders of FlowLIFT, Amanda and Carolina. Sign up and get your first month free, after that it’s $18/month.