News & Events
How to Make Sugar Body Scrub
- April 20, 2021
- Posted by: Carolina Vivas
- Category: flowlift news
Want soft, moisturized skin with the added benefit of high quality essential oils? Grab your ingredients and get ready to make the sugar body scrub that’s better than anything else you can find on the market. We started making our own scrub a few months ago when we realized that most store-bought products are expensive and loaded with unnecessary ingredients. This is a great idea for gifts too and everyone who tries it just can’t get enough.
We like to make a big batch of this stuff so it’s always on hand. Let’s get started!
Organic Coconut Oil (or Almond oil)
Light Brown Sugar
Your Favorite Essential Oils (we love Wisdom of the Earth brand)
Mason Jars (wide mouth, 8oz)
Buy in Bulk for the Best Value
We buy our sugar and coconut oil in bulk from Amazon for the best value. We get the Nutiva organic brand (128 fluid ounces for $29.) Get it here. The sugar is also from Amazon and we get a 10 lb. bag of the light brown variation for $27. This is typically enough for about three batches of scrubs or more depending on how much you make each time. We’ve found that the slightly thicker grains in brown sugar work really well for exfoliating the skin. Get the sugar here.
The Best Plant Essences
The key ingredient for making this magical scrub is the Wisdom of the Earth brand plant essences. It’s the purest, most potent oils we’ve found and they smell nothing short of divine. For this batch of sugar body scrub we made two different combinations: Eucalyptus Blue Mallee with Ho Wood and another made of Eucalyptus with Ginger Lily. Ho Wood is good for muscle and tendon pain as well as for fatigue. The eucalyptus is anti viral and helps with immunity. Lastly, ginger lily is a grounding plant that aids in digestion and improves symptoms of asthma.
- Grab a pot and fill 1/3 of it with coconut oil. Heat on low until it melts.
- Fill half of the pot with the brown sugar and mix well, getting rid of all the lumps.
- Sprinkle lots of essential oil drops into the pot and mix well (at least 40 drops of each).
- Use a spoon to scoop the sugar body scrub into the mason jars.
- Add a few more drops of the oils onto the top of each jar.
- Label the jars and store in a cool, dry place.
How to Use It
- In the shower soap up and rinse.
- Allow the coconut oil to melt with the heat of your shower or use almond oil. Coconut oil hardens when it’s cold but it’s our favorite. Coconut oil contains skin-nourishing fatty acids and polyphenols, which make it a great carrier oil for massage oils and skin care preparations.
- Use the scrub all over your body and let it sit for at least five minutes.
- Rinse off the scrub under the shower.
- Towel dry and get ready to touch the softest skin you’ve ever had.
Tell us what you think about our body sugar scrub! It’s perfect after a tough FlowLIFT class or to wind down at the end of your day. We hope you love it as much as we do.