News & Events
Healing Golden Soup with The Juiciest Fruit
- October 9, 2021
- Posted by: Amanda McCarroll
- Category: flowlift news
Welcome to Week 1 of the FlowLIFT October Challenge! One of our favorite parts of these challenges are the recipes we get from Coree. Always fresh, easy and healthy, this is the way we aspire to eat all the time. She recommends adding as many whole and nourishing foods to our diets as possible. This healing golden soup is filled with good stuff.
Coree doesn’t prescribe to any specific diets such as vegan, keto or whatever the newest trend is. She just wants you to shop local, fill your cart or basket with fresh veggies and fruits, and if you do eat meat, consider where you purchase it from. Mindful shopping leads to mindful eating, and that is what she is all about. This week’s recipe is easy to make, tastes great and is loaded with vitamins and minerals that will keep you strong and energetic for all the FlowLIFT classes you’re about to do!
Healing Golden Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2-inch knob fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 3–4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 6–8 cups chicken broth
- juice of 4 limes (about 1/4 cup, plus more to taste)
- a splash of soy sauce
- fresh herbs for topping (mint, basil, cilantro)
- Heat olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add the garlic, ginger, and shallots. Sauté for 3-5 minutes.
- Add spinach and 1/2 teaspoon salt to the pan. Sauté for 2-3 minutes until wilted. Remove spinach and set aside.
- Add rice to the pan. Sauté for 1-2 minutes so it picks up all the good pan flavors. Add 6 cups broth and bring to a simmer.
- While the rice is cooking, shred the chicken you might be adding or soft boil an egg or two to throw in.
- When the rice is soft, add spinach back to the pan (and chicken or egg). Season with lime juice, soy sauce and fresh herbs. Add extra broth as needed.