Five FlowLIFT Moves for Yoga Fitness
The FlowLIFT class has several different types of yoga fitness moves including squats, lunges, planks and floor moves. All of them are full body and require all over strength and coordination to execute. We make sure to only include movements that take the body through all three planes – coronal, sagittal and transverse. This is important so that there is a simultaneous increase of both stability and mobility in the joints. This is one of the many reasons that FlowLIFT is the perfect workout for those who are looking to find one class to meet all of their needs. It’s also great for athletes or people who love their favorite activities but need a balanced cross-training class to promote longevity.
Try Our Favorite FlowLIFT Moves for Yoga Fitness
Buddhi Kicks are a classic FlowLIFT floor move that help improve upper body, oblique, glute and leg strength.
- Start on the hip and forearm.
- Press into the forearm and thigh to lift the hip and kick the top leg forward
- Release the hip down to kick the top leg back as the chest dips toward the ground.
- Repeat 15 times on both sides.
The Super Crab is Yoga Fitness Magic
We love moves that are dynamic and that employ several different muscle groups all at once. Super Crab is a great example of this!
- Begin on all fours
- Lift the right arm and kick the right leg forward at hip height
- Land on the hip in a pinwheel shape with the legs
- Plant the feet hip width
- Press into the feet and the left hand and lift to a one-armed crab position
- Release to pinwheel shape again and lift up into the kick
- Repeat 15 times on each side
We love squats, especially when they utilize both sides of the body in different ways and require weight shifting and balance. The Gold Digger squats check all the boxes.
- Start in a sumo squat with the feet wide and turned out
- Holding both dumbbells (3lb are best), tap the inside of one foot in a side squat
- Push into the feet and engage the core to lift and reach up to opposite side as you lift the leg off the ground.
- Repeat 15 times on each side.
Pigeon Swing Arounds
One of the keys to a long life of being limber and strong is maintaining the ability to move around on the floor. Pigeon Swing Arounds are the key to making sure you can get up and down off the ground with grace and lightness. Another great thing about this move is the dynamic stretch of the inner thighs and hamstrings.
- Lift the right leg to a down dog split
- Swing the hip up behind the hands
- Sweep the back leg around to a wide legged seated position
- Place the hands lightly on the ground and pulse the chest toward the ground
- Repeat 15 times.
Warrior 2 Sweep Thru
We love the Warrior 2 Sweep Thru because it combines a standing move with a floor move. This move elongates the spine, requires all over trunk and core strength and challenges the lower and upper body.
- Start in a Warrior 2 position and reach the arms up
- Place the opposite hand down inside the front foot (if the right foot is forward, place the left hand inside the foot)
- Sweep the back leg through between the hand and front foot.
- Step the foot back to where it cam from and reach back up again
- Repeat 10 – 15 times on each side.
Moves like this are what makes the FlowLIFT class a cut above the rest. If you haven’t tried FlowLIFT yet what are you waiting for? Sign up now and get your first 14 days free!